blog_banner 20

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend run down.

Color.

It's been the kind of weekend where all I want to do is read and watch tv. I think it's because I'm bored of winter. And this is coming from a person who usually dreads the coming of hot summer months.

Mark spent most of his time painting our bedroom. Lauren spent most of her time making Play-doh cookies for everyone.

I baked some real cookies for us on Saturday night. This time I used this chocolate chip cookie recipe. The special shaping method looked promising, but these were again not the recipe that I've been searching for. Still, this recipe yielded large cookies that are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Because of that, I think that it will become my standard chocolate chip recipe. So for now, I'm putting aside my obsession and moving on to oatmeal.

Mark and I have started to watch The Tudors. I discovered that On Demand has the entire first season available for free. This is a bit of a rip off, however, because they edited out all the sex scenes. You have to be a Showtime subscriber to see the unedited versions. Boo to that.

We did venture out to the the mall today. We had to pull Lauren away from the 101 Dalmations merchandise at the Disney Store. It's funny - she never so much as bats an eyelash at the Disney Princess stuff (In that respect, she is truly her mother's daughter.). It's coming out on DVD soon, so now I know what to get her for Easter.

And for the record, I've chosen Jason Castro (aka Dreadlocks Guy) as my horse for American Idol Season 7. I haven't supported a contestant since Season 5, and never one this early. I even downloaded his performance from iTunes (Shh...please don't tell Mark because he will make terrible fun of me.). He better not tank on Tuesday night.

Black and white.

No comments: