blog_banner 20

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Not quite the holy grail, but good just the same.

In search of the holy grail in the form of a chocolate chip cookie.

When I was in high school, my friend's mother made the most amazing chocolate chip cookies. I have been trying to recreate these cookies for years with no success. Recently, I was looking through some back issues of MS: Living when I found an article about chocolate chip cookie recipes in the October 2003 edition. This one was made by taking the standard Toll House recipe reducing the brown sugar by half, increasing the granulated sugar to make up for it, and reducing the butter slightly. This produced a very good cake-like cookie, but alas, not my friend's mother's cookie. I distinctly remember that her cookie was darker in color and very chunky. Everyone seems to know the kind of cookie I'm talking about, but no one has the recipe. So the search continues.

Happy Lent!

Tomorrow is the first day of Lent - do you know what that means? The return of Wendy's Fish Sandwich! I get more excited about Wendy's Fish Sandwich than any normal person should get. I should start a petition to have it added as year round menu item.

Tonight we're watching the Super Tuesday coverage instead of American Idol. It's so sad to think that we Pennsylvanians will get to vote for the next American Idol before we get to vote for the next presidential nominees. I wish that they would just get to Hollywood already (They meaning AI, since the presidential nominees have already done their song and dance in California!).

No comments: