blog_banner 20

Friday, February 9, 2007

Bring on the yuck.



My friend Melissa came over last night to hang out and brought Lauren some good ol' fashioned Mr. Yuck stickers. This satisfied Lauren's need for both circles and stickers (which both sound kind of the same when she says them, with a just a subtle nuance to the pronunciation), so she was a happy little camper. As a side note, those Mr. Yuck commercials really used to freak me out. "Mr. Yuck is mean...Mr. Yuck is GREEN!!! MWAHAAHAHAHAHA!!" Scary stuff. No one was going to find little Melissa chugging down any Palmolive, I can tell you that.

Speaking of yuck, today I received the valentines from Kodak Gallery. They're passable, I suppose, but the photos have a pinkish cast to them that my original did not have. Granted, when I uploaded my image to the site, it had a pinkish cast, but I thought that maybe it was just due to the way the site displayed photos. My images are saved in CMYK color, so maybe the site converts them to RGB color which then changes the look of the photo. Then again, I also ordered some prints in addition to the cards, which included the photo of Lauren that appears on the card. Those all look as expected.

One other interesting note: inside the envelope that held the cards was the phrase "Spread vicious glee." I don't really know what vicious glee is, but apparently I'm spreading it. I wonder if this warrants a sick day?

Anyway, Lauren does not have rosacea in real life, and that's all that's important.

No comments: