blog_banner 20

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Super Sunday



Been eating lots of these - dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses out for Valentine's Day. They now make every type of Kiss one could ever want: truffle filled, caramel, cherry cordial, peanut butter. Me, I just love dark chocolate no matter what the shape. Not to mention that it's good for you too!

Lauren was in a much better mood today. I wasn't even trying, but I managed to get this wonderful shot of her holding her beloved companion, Lita:



Lauren and Carlita (Lita is for short. Sounds more like dee-TA when Lauren says it.) are inseparable. When Lauren is upset about something, she'll call out for Lita as if she's going to spring into action and save her. She even calls out for Lita in her sleep! I have a favorite photo of myself as a baby with my beloved Teddy, so maybe this will be one Lauren's favorites when she's older.

I spent most of the day designing a Valentine's Day card. Admittedly, I've haven't given out valentines since grade school. But when I saw these Martha Stewart designed cards at Kodak Gallery, I couldn't resist. I'm going to send them to the majority of folks on our Christmas card list. After all, who doesn't like to get some happy mail amongst all the grocery ads and bills? Then again, everyone might just think we're wacked.



Even though I don't have a remote interest in football, I watched a good half of the Super Bowl. We even had a impromptu party when Mark's parents stopped by for a visit. I kept pointing out the fact that the camera crew were suspiciously avoiding shooting the cheerleaders up close. All that hair and make-up couldn't be holding up very well in the torrential down pour. And then there was Prince, who very savvily wore a hair wrap to keep his tresses from becoming unsightly during his performance. He's a genius, that Prince.

No comments: