blog_banner 20

Monday, February 19, 2007

Everybody sing..."All by myself..."

Since the stock market was closed for President's Day, I was off from work. Since Pitt made up it's own holiday to occur at the beginning of March, Mark was not. I'm still under the weather, so Lauren went to Grandma B's for the day.

Being home alone made today feel like a sick day. I guess that was in part due to the fact that I'm actually sick. Instead of resting like I should have, I actually accomplished quite a bit today. When you get such little time to be by yourself, you have to take advantage of it.

So I started working on a long put off project. Since we've moved, I've wanted to hang collages of photos throughout the house. I had several photos in mind, just not the time to get them organized. Most of the day I browsed through a combination of digital and paper photos looking for my favorites. Thus far, I've come up with over 50. When Mark saw them, he commented that that was a lot of photos, to which I replied, "We have a lot of empty wall space."

The project is far from complete, as now we have to decide what to group together and where, choose prints in color or black and white, decide on the sizes, do all the editing in Photoshop, order the prints, pick out frames and hang them.

Since it will be a little while before these go on display around the house, I will share a couple here.

Me and Mark, circa 1994 posed in front of his Trans Am. This was a few months after we started dating. It is also well before I wised up and grew out my bangs.



This is one of my absolute favorites. My Grandpap at the Playboy Club in Las Vegas:



Other than that, I took a shower, cleaned the bathroom, organized my closet, baked cookies (Peanut Blossoms) and cooked dinner. I tried a new recipe from Kraft called Parmesan Chicken & Broccoli Pasta. I swear that Italian dressing is an ingredient of every Kraft recipe, including their desserts. The lover of broccoli that she is, Lauren declared it a hit. Mark and I were amazed at how much she ate.

Lastly, Lauren is in the full blown "NO!" phase. She emphatically said "NO!" to the television when the Nextel commercial asked if she was ready to change her cellphone plan. Little does Nextel know that there is little arguing the point.

No comments: