blog_banner 20

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Scrapbook: 5 influences




This is the project that has kept me occupied during the last week. It is a 5x5 mini album that I made as a gift for my Aunt Phyllis's 50th birthday. It's called "5 influences" because it contains 5 ways that she has influenced me.

This is the 4th mini album that I've made, and I have to say that this is my most favorite way to scrapbook. Their small size makes them both easy to manage and quick to complete, and there is little measuring involved (which is my weak spot). The album was originally supposed to be 6X6, but the post bound album I won on eBay didn't arrive in time. As a result, I had to scramble on Thursday evening not only to make my own album but to also come up with an entirely new color scheme. In the end, I'm glad that things worked out this way, because the album came out exactly the way I envisioned.

I have to mention that it wasn't until I placed the number "5" on the cover that I realized that together with the circle, it appropriately made the number "50"! I admit that for a brief moment, I basked in my brilliance, even though I'm really not actively brilliant, just brilliant on a sub-conscious level.

Here is another page. The rest of the album, along with the journaling can been seen on Flickr

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Again, I am always amazed ( but never surpised) as to your unlimited talents!

I may have to hire you to do all my scrapbooking, as I procrasinate over it all!