blog_banner 20

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Scrapbook: "Amazing Feets"



Here is the layout that I completed last weekend. I realize that this doesn't look like it should have taken several days to create, but with my limited amount of free time, I have to work on pages in stages - a few minutes here and a few minutes there.

As always, the journaling was completed separately from the page design. Sometimes I sit and write before I even pick up card stock. Other times I let a page sit for awhile before I write. I think this is because, for me, journaling is a struggle. I want what I write to be real, to genuinely reflect who we are and the lives we lead. For example, everyone knows that we adore Lauren and think she's the most cutest most sweetest thing on earth, but there are only so many ways to say that without getting boring and repetitive, not to mention nauseating. Plus, we don't want her to get an even bigger head than she already has, which according to her pediatrician, is in the 90+ percentile.

Journaling reads:"It's no secret that I'm not a feet person. I wear socks to bed. I dislike sandals. But when it comes to your feet, or "feets" as you call them, I take exception. I kiss them every morning when I change your diaper. I use them to tell you the story of the little piggy who preferred pizza over roast beef. For me, your feets represent all that is sweet and innocent. So for now, feets are just alright with me."

No comments: