blog_banner 20

Monday, December 24, 2007

Ghosts of Christmas past.

For Noreen:

Little christmas mouse.

Does this little mouse look familiar? Your mom made it for me for Christmas sometime around 1980. She sent it all the way from Florida. I remember that my grandmother let me have it before Christmas, probably because I was wound up a little too much and only an early gift could placate me. She always had a place of honor in my bedroom, but now that I'm grown up, she stays in my kitchen (Which is probably more appropriate, since she is a kitchen mouse!). Your mom probably never knew how much this little mouse meant to me, but at least now you know.

Me, circa Christmas 1980.

I'm very lucky in that I have a lot of photos from Christmas as I was growing up. Here I am, circa 1980, at my house on Christmas Eve. The (fake) guitar was a gift from my grandparents, who no doubt felt pity on me because all I had to perform with previously was a badminton racket. I remember that I was practically driven insane (and probably drove others insane in the process) trying to figure out what this gift was as it sat wrapped under my grandparents' Christmas tree.



Here is Mark (left) and his brother Mike on Christmas morning sometime in the mid '70's. Unfortunately, Mark has no recollection of this Christmas, so all I can do is leave you wondering why Mike is wearing pink pajamas just like the kid in a Christmas Story.

No comments: