blog_banner 20

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Trying to be nice, but naughty just the same.

Mister Rogers's Neighboorhood Trolley

Last evening, my company hosted a holiday party at the Carnegie Children's Museum. Lauren got to do lots of cool things, like control Mister Rodgers's trolley, drive a car, and pretend that she's holding a press conference.


Madame President in training.

I, on the other hand, was attacked by an alligator.

Gator attack.

But probably the most memorable part of the evening was the goodie bag. When we arrived at the museum, the woman who greeted us instructed us to stop at the front desk before we left. Near the end of the party, Lauren was beginning to get fussy, so we wanted to make a hasty retreat. We stopped by the front desk like we were instructed, but there was no one there.

I noticed that behind the desk were bags. I went around and started to inspect them. Each one were labeled with the child's gender and age. I helped myself to a 2-4 year old female bag and off we went.

As we drove home, I started inspecting the contents of the bag. It was like we had the best night of trick-or-treating. Several full sized candy bars. Bags of potato chips. Christmas themed stickers and pens. A really cute stuffed puppy.

Goodie bag of doom.

Then, the label on the bag caught my eye. I hadn't noticed before, but it had a last name on it.

Someone else's last name.

Oops.

For those keeping track, so far this holiday season, I've:

--Broken the baby Jesus.
--Sent someone a blank Christmas card.
--Took some child's goodie bag.

Santa is so not bringing me anything for Christmas this year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You forgot one: Taking additional graham fish crackers from the buffet; after the bill was paid.

Seems like you are on a roll, perhaps you can look at these events by atttempting to reach 12; one for each day of Christmas!

Everyone knows that the grab bag was an honest attempt to get a gift for Lauren and get her home to rest.

These are memories to be treasured!!

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh out loud!
I'm glad things like this happen to other people, and not just me.
Thanks!!

Felice in Oregon