blog_banner 20

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - Day 7

 25 Days of Christmas - Day 7

The title of this one is, "Waiting Until the Coast is Clear." I finally broke down and used off camera flash today. I am so looking forward to the weekend when sunny days are predicted!

Today's challenge was "memory from your childhood." I'm very fortunate that I have many of the Christmas decorations that I grew up with, whether from my own house or that of my grandparents. When I saw the challenge topic, all the possibilities ran through my head. Then, I remembered Santa. I believe that Santa used to belong to my great-uncle. I think the story goes that he was a premium for opening a Christmas savings account, back when banks actually gave you gifts for doing business with them, rather than charging outrageous fees.

Santa was an integral part of my childhood. I used to even sleep with him during the days before Christmas. As I remembered Santa, a wave of panic came over me because I knew that I didn't have him. So I immediately called my mom who confirmed that Santa was safe and sound with their Christmas decorations. He's on loan to me just for today so that I could take this photo. I think that he kind of looks like the Coca Cola Santa, doesn't he?

No comments: